"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." Matthew 22:36-40 (New International Version) (emphasis added)
NAME AND PURPOSE
1.0 NAME: The official name of the organization shall be Western Kentucky Tres Dias (WKTD), herein also referred to as "the community" and "WKTD".
1.1 PURPOSE: The purpose of Western Kentucky Tres Dias is to bring Christians to a closer, more personal walk with the Lord Jesus Christ and encourage them to Christian Leadership and Christ-like action in all environments of which its members are a part. Key to achievement of this objective is developing and sustaining Christian leaders. The tools for development of Christian leaders are the three-day Tres Dias experience, also referred to as the "the weekend", and Reunion Groups and Secuelas that meet regularly thereafter.
Activities of WKTD shall therefore be limited to:
A.) Planning for the weekend on a regular and continuing basis.
B.) Conducting the weekend on a regular and continuing basis.
C.) Planning and conducting activities to reinforce the weekend experience of a Life in Christ for those who have attended a Tres Dias, Cursillo or Walk to Emmaus in the post-weekend period known as the "Fourth Day", including the development and support of Reunion Groups and Secuelas.
D.) Participating in the activities of the Tres Dias International Assembly.
E.) Fostering and supporting the creation of new Tres Dias communities as resources and commitment allow.
1.2 Tres Dias Statement of Belief, as adopted by WKTD:
A.) We believe and profess our faith in one Triune God - The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19).
B.) We believe and profess that Jesus Christ is the only Savior and is God in the flesh (John 1:1, 1:14, 3:36, 14: & Heb. 2:17).
C.) We believe and profess that The Holy Spirit is God and is The Lord and Giver of life, who continues to work in believers today to sanctify, edify and empower the whole Christian church on earth - - - for His purpose (Job 33:4, Acts 1:8, John 14:26 & Rom. 8:11).
D.) We believe and profess that the Holy Scriptures are the inspired and completely true Word of God (II Tim. 3:16-17).
E.) We believe and profess that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God; that forgiveness of sins is received through confession and repentance - - and that our sins are washed away through the blood of Jesus Christ (Acts 2:38, I John 1:9 & Rom. 3:23).
F.) We believe and profess that salvation is a gift of God's grace received through personal faith in Jesus Christ (Eph. 2:8).
G.) We believe and profess that the Body of Christ is to make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of The Son of God (Eph. 4:3, 13).
H.) We believe and profess that God's unconditional love, as made manifest to us through Jesus Christ, is the primary witness by which people are renewed, edified and changed (I Cor. 13:8).
I.) We believe and profess that God has called us to live holy lives that will bring glory to His name (Col. 3:1-25).
Note: For purposes of standards and principles, Tres Dias ascribes to those stated in the "Authorized King James Version" of the Bible of 1611 (KJV).
2.0 Membership in WKTD shall automatically include anyone who has experienced the weekend or its recognized equivalent in the various movements based upon Cursillo de Cristianidad and who is active within the community. Evidence of active membership in the community shall be support of and/or participation in scheduled Tres Dias Pre-weekend, Weekend and post-weekend activities. Members shall abide by the Statement of Belief and the Essentials of Tres Dias. Members are encouraged to participate in other communities. Anyone who has experienced a Cursillo, Walk to Emmaus, or other three-day similar movement prior to Tres Dias affiliation may simultaneously be a member of and participate in other communities.
2.1 Members of the Tres Dias community shall be known as "pescadores".
2.2 Membership may be resigned by notice to the secretariat.
2.3 In order to participate in a Tres Dias weekend, the sponsored candidate must be born a female, and living as a woman to attend the women's weekend, and born a male, and living as a man, to attend the men's weekend.
3.0 SECRETARIAT: The governing body of WKTD shall be the Secretariat. Members of the WKTD Secretariat will be elected by the existing Secretariat, with input from the WKTD Community. The Secretariat is responsible to the WKTD Community.
WKTD shall be a chartered member of the International Assembly and International Secretariat of Tres Dias. WKTD subscribes to the constitution and By-Laws of the international organization and will adhere to the "Essentials of Tres Dias" as prescribed by the International organization and as modified by the North Georgia Tres Dias, 1981.
This body will operate under Robert's Rules of Order unless stated otherwise.
3.1 OFFICERS: The Secretariat of Western Kentucky Tres Dias is elected from the membership of the community to administer and manage the affairs of the community. The positions of the Secretariat shall consist of the following:
Chairperson One person position (single or married) who has served in a Secretariat position previously.
The Chairperson must also demonstrate leadership & organizational skills.
Secretary/Treasurer One person position (single or married)
Men's Leader One person position (single or married) who has previously served as a Rector
Women's Leader One person position (single or married) who has previously served as a Rector
Pre-Weekend Married couple position
Weekend One or two person position (one individual or a married couple)
Supply and Procurement One or two person position (one individual or a married couple)
Fourth Day: One or two person position (one individual or a married couple)
Spiritual Director(2): One person position (single or married) should be qualified to be a Head Spiritual Director on a weekend.
This position shall be held by a male for the men and a female for the women
Data Management/Communication One person position (single or married)
Men's Reunion Group One person position (single or married)
Women's Reunion Group One person position (single or married)
Note: In a position with a married couple, both pescadores are encouraged to attend Secretariat meetings, however each position gets only one vote.
3.2 PURPOSE: The purpose and authority of the Secretariat is to plan, guide, review and evaluate all activities related to the Tres Dias experience as outlined in the Duties and Responsibilities of officers and as follows:
A.) Pre-weekend activities.
B.) Weekend activities (the Three Days).
C.) Post-weekend activities (Fourth Day).
D.) Continuing administrative activities not specifically related to the three phases of activities listed above.
3.3 MEETINGS: The Secretariat shall hold 10-12 regularly scheduled meetings each operating year, with the time and place to be determined by the Secretariat. The Chairperson may call special meetings. The Secretary/Treasurer upon written request of five (5) positions of the Secretariat may also call special meetings. The time and place of all meetings shall be announced in the newsletter whenever possible, and all meetings shall be open to the community unless the Secretariat is in Executive session. (refer to Robert's Rules….)
3.4 QUALIFICATIONS: All Secretariat members must hold the following qualifications:
A.) Maintain a lifestyle commensurate with Biblical leadership.
B.) Demonstrate a record of support of the Tres Dias movement.
C.) Have served on at least three (3) teams, preferably in different positions.
D.) Possess the skills required by the Secretariat position duties and responsibilities.
E.) The Secretariat should be fairly represented by:
1. At least one single adult.
2. No individual church should be represented by more than 50% of the positions of the Secretariat.
3. No Reunion Group should be represented by more than 50% of the positions of the Secretariat.
The Secretariat may, by a three-fourths (3/4) vote, temporarily suspend any of the above qualifications for any position on the Secretariat with the exception of 3.4 A and B, listed above.
3.5 ELIGIBILITY: Any pescadore active in the community and meeting the qualifications indicated in section 3.4 is eligible for nomination to a Secretariat position.
A.) Each position of the Secretariat shall have one vote with the exception of the Chairperson who will only vote in the event of a tie. The Chairperson may chose to abstain, thereby automatically tabling the motion until the next Secretariat meeting.
B.) A quorum is those members present and voting at a meeting duly notified and called under the condition that the meeting must be posted on the Web page in advance and also that no important business would be discussed.
C.) A vote shall be carried by simple majority of those present and voting at any meeting of the Secretariat.
3.7 TERMS OF OFFICE:
A.) Positions on the Secretariat will be for a period of two (2) years.
B.) Elections shall be held for terms of office that end in May and November.
C.) The search and nomination process for May positions begins the prior September.
D.) The search and nomination process for November positions begins the prior March.
E.) Rotation Schedule
Nov. 2018, 2021, 2024, etc.
May. 2019, 2022, 2025, etc.
May 2018, 2021, 2024, etc.
Nov. 2017, 2020, 2023, etc.
F.) Incumbents on the Secretariat may not succeed themselves unless the incumbent is an appointee filling an unexpired term. Individuals and couples may serve in a position more than once as long as the terms are not successive.
G.) Members whose terms have expired or who have resigned must remain off the Secretariat for at least one year unless elected directly to the Chairperson position.
H.) An individual can serve in only one position at a time. Married couples separately or jointly can serve in only one position at a time.
3.8 FILLING AN EXPIRING POSITION
A.) Eight (8) months prior to a Secretariat position expiring, an announcement is made in the newsletter and at Secuelas to solicit nominations from the Community. The newsletter will include By-Law requirements to serve in the position.
B.) Nominations are solicited from the Community through the newsletter and announcements, then, submitted to the Secretariat Chairperson.
C.) After at least one month of receiving nominations, the Secretariat will prayerfully identify the qualified people from the names received and ask their willingness to serve.
D.) The Chairperson will submit the names to the Secretariat (preferably at least two names per position) of those willing to serve on the Secretariat. If a Secretariat member knows any reason why a particular nominee should not serve, it should be stated in general terms.
E.) The Secretariat will discuss the nominations and take the next month to pray.
F.) At the next Secretariat meeting, the Secretariat will vote. Two Secretariat members will count the votes and they will announce the elected individual(s) to the Secretariat.
G.) The nominee must receive over 50% of the votes cast, including abstentions. (Robert's Rules of Order, Article 11#64; 3.6, bullet #3.)
H.) The Chairperson will notify those elected. If the elected nominee is unable to serve, the Secretariat will re-vote.
I.) Those elected will be mentored by the people currently serving in those positions to learn from them in preparation for a weekend. They should also attend Secretariat meetings, but will not have a vote until their term officially begins.
3. 9 FILLING THE UNEXPIRED TERM OF A POSITION
A.) The Secretariat will submit nominations to the Chairperson and begin praying about the nominees.
B.) The Chairperson will contact the nominees and submit the names of those qualified and willing to serve to the Secretariat for prayerful consideration.
C.) At the next Secretariat meeting, the Secretariat will vote. Two Secretariat members will count the votes and they will announce the elected individual(s) to the Secretariat.
D.) The nominee must receive over 50% of the votes cast, including abstentions. (Robert's Rules of Order, Article 11#64; 3.6, bullet #3.)
E.) The Chairperson will notify those elected. If the elected nominee is unable to serve, the Secretariat will revote.
3.10 OPERATING YEAR:
A.) The operating year shall commence on January 1 and conclude on December 31.
B.) The Annual Review Meeting of the WKTD Secretariat will be held in February.
3.11 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains responsibility for overall guidance and direction of WKTD.
2. Acts as the lay representative of WKTD in meetings with clergy from participating and potentially active churches and with other three-day movements.
3. Acts as a liaison with Tres Dias International.
4. Develops short and long-range plans for expansion and growth of the community.
5. Assists in the development of effective Policies and Procedures.
6. Presides at Secretariat meetings.
7. Signs checks as the alternate signer.
8. Acts in conjunction with the Weekend Couple as liaison with the campground to handle relationships and reservations for future weekend dates.
9. Participates in overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
1. Maintains an up-to-date record of minutes of all meetings of the Secretariat, which includes a list of each member present and absent.
2. Distributes copies of minutes to each member of the Secretariat.
3. Logs and maintains records of all amendments made to the By-Laws and Policies and Procedures. The Secretary distributes revised documents to the Secretariat.
4. Presides at the Secretariat meeting in absence of the Chairperson and Treasurer.
5. Keeps historical records for the community, including weekend specific pictures and other pertinent information.
6. Participates in the overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities
7. Maintains up-to-date records of all WKTD finances.
8. Maintains accounts receivable and accounts payable.
9. Signs checks and distributes funds as authorized by the Secretariat.
10. Receives and deposits Tres Dias funds on a timely basis.
11. Distributes monthly financial statements to all members of the Secretariat.
12. Submits financial records for review by the Secretariat or their designee for audit or for external audit or review at the request of the Secretariat.
13. Presides over Secretariat meeting in the absence of the Chairperson.
14. Provides reimbursement forms and tax-exempt number those making Tres Dias related purchases.
15. Participates in overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
C.) MEN'S LEADER/WOMEN'S LEADER:
1. Utilizes a comprehensive and up-to-date record of each pescadore's service experience in Tres Dias, Cursillo, and Walk to Emmaus as well as service on the Tres Dias Secretariat. Data Management provides this information.
2. Obtains from Data Management a list of names of those who are Rector-qualified.
3. Maintains and distributes all Rector materials.
4. Reviews list of Rector's options with Rector as written in the Policies and Procedures.
5. Assists upcoming Rectors in team selection and formation.
6. Provides Rectors with the work history and qualifications of potential team members according to the guidelines in the Policies and Procedures.
7. Works with Rectors to advance pescadores to serve in various team positions to become Rector-qualified.
8. Conducts a follow-up meeting within two weeks after the weekend with the Rector, Upcoming Rector, Head Cha, Head Kitchen, and other appropriate Head to identify and document problems and solutions. Convey the results of meeting to Secretariat.
9. Participates in the overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
1. Encourages sponsorship by providing sponsor materials at Secuelas and in newsletters.
2. Distributes and receives candidate applications.
3. Reviews applications for completeness according to the Policies and Procedures.
4. Maintains a dated list of applications and keeps applications on file.
5. Sends letters of invitation to candidates.
6. Sends confirmation letters to sponsors.
7. Follows up on invitations with candidates and sponsors until candidates are confirmed.
8. Monitors candidate status in a timely fashion to insure that the maximum number of candidates will attend the weekend.
9. Prepares and distributes candidate list and team list at send off.
10. Presides as master of ceremonies at send-off.
11. Participates in overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
1. Acts as liaison with the onsite campground director in partnership with the Chairperson.
2. Identifies pescadores to serve on set-up and takedown crews to help with the set-up and takedown of all equipment, and the cleaning of the facility at the close of the weekend.
3. Arranges the transportation of equipment to and from the weekend site.
4. Arranges the bus transportation for the candidates to the weekend site.
5. Participates in the overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
F.) SUPPLY AND PROCUREMENT:
1. Coordinates with weekend position for transportation of supplies to weekends and storage of supplies after weekends.
2. Maintains a master supply and equipment list, with an inventory of assets.
3. Purchases and maintains assets and supplies.
4. Participates in the overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
G.) DATA MANAGEMENT/COMMUNICATION:
1. Gathers material and regularly publishes the newsletter, via U.S. mail and email.
2. Sends updated information to the webmaster to help keep the website current.
3. Collects pescadore information to keep the community roster updated. Distributes a revised roster by Victory Seculea.
4. Supervises the Western Kentucky Tres Dias website.
5. Sends general palanca letter to the weekends of other communities/movements.
6. Requests and receives general palanca letters for weekend from other communities.
7. Provides for a means of collecting and delivering personal palanca on a weekend for candidates and team.
8. Monitors the donation of new banner(s) and other forms of permanent palanca for the weekend.
9. Maintains a photo log of all donated community banners.
10. Stores and maintains the physical banners in an appropriate climate controlled storage facility.
11. Coordinates donation of old banners to new communities.
12. Emails TDI a year in advance of upcoming weekends for purposes of publication on their website.
13. Maintains current documents in Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel:
" Policies and Procedures
" Service descriptions of each position
" Rector Script
" Talk outlines
" Rector's Orientation Manual
" Pescadore work history
" Pescadore Secretariat service
" Meeting minutes
" Other documents as appropriate
14. Participates in overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
H.) FOURTH DAY:
1. Prepares Fourth Day packet including:
" Tres Dias introductory brochure/Essentials of Tres Dias
" Fourth Day CD
" Information about the WKTD website
" A current newsletter
" Sponsor responsibilities
" Candidate Application Forms
" Vida Nueva information
" Other information as appropriate
2. Schedules Secuelas on a regular basis.
3. Provides a resource table at Secuelas.
4. Recruits Secuela hosts and provides them with supplies and Secuela outline.
5. Participates in overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
I.) SPIRITUAL DIRECTOR:
1. Prayerfully oversees the spiritual direction of WKTD activities.
2. Works as the primary advisor and source of spiritual counsel to the Secretariat to assure that they are acting in obedience to God's Word.
3. Works as primary liaison with the weekend Spiritual Directors and provides them with their weekend materials.
4. Selects weekend Spiritual Directors after taking into consideration the preferences of the Rectors and the Men's and Women's Leaders.
5. Works as the primary liaison with other clergy regarding matters related to the weekend and Fourth Day activities.
6. Participates in overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
J.) MEN'S REUNION GROUP/WOMEN'S REUNION GROUP:
1. Responsible for the establishment of Reunion Groups.
2. Communicates to candidates and pescadores the function and purpose of a Reunion Group.
3. Be the driving force in encouraging pescadores to belong to a Reunion Group.
4. Contact all candidates as soon as possible after a Tres Dias Weekend, to encourage them to join an existing or establish a new Reunion Group.
5. Be a member of a Reunion Group and attend as many other Reunion Group meetings as possible.
6. Encourages the flow of meetings with focus on prayer, fellowship and accountability to piety (Christ-likeness), study and action.
7. Develops and maintain a list of all existing Reunion Groups and their attendees.
8. Participates in overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
K.) FOOD MANAGEMENT:
1. Orders all food for both men's and women's weekends.
2. Coordinates with Supply and Procurement as to additional food needs to insure that all food products needed for the weekend are provided.
3. Participates in overall guidance and planning of WKTD activities.
4.0 Qualifications for Community Leadership: (this includes, but is not limited to, team members, elected and other local secretariat officers, and members of standing and special committees of the local secretariat). Any person serving in a Community Leadership position must be living a life that is not in a state of rebellion against God. A state of rebellion against God can best be described as an unrepentant, open and active participation in or advocacy of activities contrary to the commands (for example, The Ten Commandments) and guidelines in Scripture* for holy living and Christian leadership. Some examples (although not limited to these areas) are:
A.) Dependence upon alcohol or illegal drugs;
B.) Involvement in illegal activities whereby such involvement knowingly violates federal, state or local laws, statutes or ordinances;
C.) Involvement in lustful, immoral or perverted activities such as, but not limited to, pornography and/or any sexual relationship outside of a lawful marriage between a man and a woman;
D.) Involvement in the occult or Satanic worship;
E.) Openly professed allegiance to any non-Christian religion or organization which denies the deity of Jesus Christ.
* NOTE: For purposes of standards and principles, Tres Dias ascribes to those stated in the "Authorized King James Version" of the Bible of 1611 (KJV).
4.1 AMENDMENTS: These By-Laws may be amended by affirmation of 75% of the voting positions present at any Secretariat meeting provided that the proposed modifications have been presented in writing at a prior meeting of the Secretariat. The proposed changes shall be submitted individually and show current language as well as the reason for the modification. The Secretary shall log all proposed changes and approved results and forward them to Data Management to amend this document. Notice of approved amendments shall be published in the newsletter and a pdf file of the By-Laws shall be available via e-mail to any pescadore who requests a copy.